If I’m traveling to Hong Kong and Thailand will I be allowed…

Customer Question
If I’m traveling to...

If I’m traveling to Hong Kong and Thailand will I be allowed in with a ankle monitor

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The judge has approved my travel but the probation department wants me to find out

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Yes, this should not be a problem as long as you have a signed order from the judge to carry with you.

You can verify this or get an official statemet for your PO from the Hong Kong and Thai embassies in CA.

Here is the number for Chinese Consulate in CA:

(###) ###-####/p>

And this is the number for the Thai Consulate in CA:

(###) ###-####/p>

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!