My son was in the Henrico West Faculty. He was permitted to…

Customer Question
My son was in...

My son was in the Henrico West Faculty. He was permitted to the work release program, in which he has been working on the outside and than returning back to jail at 4:30. Yesterday he was trans

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Henrico.VA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Trying its difficult to get in contact with the right person. The s Person in charge of the work release program in Henrico says he doesn't know why my son was transferred to Nottaway

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Ok
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry to hear this happened. You should contact the Henrico jail warden immediately.

The warden should have information as to exactly why your son has been transfered.

This is the main number to the jail, you can then request to be connected with the warden.

(###) ###-####/p>

Aside from that, your son's attorney can file a motion with the court requesting to know why your son was moved, and requesting that he be brought back to Henrico, if that is preferable for him.

Good reason to cite to help get that request granted wold be the proximity to family, and his success in the work program.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!