I just have a quick question about my citation. CA. First of…

Customer Question
Hello! I just have...

Hello! I just have a quick question about my citation

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

YEs. First of all, is this FREE?

Lawyer's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Wondering if I have the chance fighting my speeding ticket citation. I knew that I was only driving 45 mph on a 40 mph speed limit. However a cop pulled me over and he told me I was speeding. 62mph (radar). He approached me, never asked for my car registration, car insurance only my driver's license. He never showed me proof (radar) that I was speeding. It was my first time I got pulled over and never had any violations. The reason I knew that I was running 46mph because that day I was not feeling well. I have had some problem and my entire pelvic area was painful and I need to pee. I just went to urgent care few days before I got pulled over and on that same day I was brought back to the urgent care. I was still talking to the officer and told him "I really need to go to the bathroom", however, as soon as he got my ID he walked away and told me to wait. It took him few minutes because he wrote me a ticket. I accidentally wet my pants because like I said I am not feeling well and on top of that I am taking medication that has diuretics. I felt like I was disrespected and ignored. Perhaps I was racially profiled as well because I looked like hispanic on top of that my last name is ***** ***** hispanic. He was kinda rude to me. By the way, this happened early in the morning around 9 in the morning. I would like to fight for it in the court because I don't want to accept that I was accused of speeding which I am not. I even have medical proofs from the doctors including prescriptions. I want to fight for this. Do I have a chance in court? Also, isn't it SOP for them to ask me about my car insurance and car registration? He never asked me those. He just asked for my ID and took it and walked away. How ironic I was accused of speeding which I even rarely drive to the freeway and I was victim of a car accident. Last 2009 I got rear ended on the freeway and my car was totalled. Ever since I got my driver's licensed 14 years ago, I never get any citations or even got pulled over by a cop.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Did you get my message?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/7/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
such a ticket can be contested and ether dismissed or negotiated down. Normally local traffic counsel who know the judges and officers can expedite that. Here the officer made several errors you can raise. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
no. You didn't specify what errors. Your answers are vague. I already did what you said. I don't have any witnesses. I was alone in the car.
I paid for $47 just for that answer? And now another $59 if we talk on the phone. I can't afford that I don't have a job! It looks like I am throwing money here. =(
Tina, Lawyer