I was wondering? can you sue someone who purposely invited…

Customer Question
Hi i was wondering...

Hi i was wondering? can you sue someone who purposely invited you to their wedding so that their friends can emotionally abuse you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. but i know for a fact that the brides maid of honor got into a huge argument and tried to scare me for saying a lot of girls want beat me up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was definetely a conspiracy with many members of the group. make sure i come and had at least 5 people emotionally abuse me how much would it cost?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.
Courts tend to avoid getting involved in issues which are “social” in their nature. So, things like being stood up for a date, being called a mean name at a party, are not generally claims for which a court can grant relief. For a claim of intentional infliction of emotional distress the courts require pretty outrageous and shocking behavior. The law school example is a person shooting your dog in front of you.
I am sorry. I wish ai could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you spinning your wheels on this.
If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
ok how about if a friend invited you to a party and one of her boyfriends friends drugged you. You past out and got raped. she and her boyfriend left you there. They saw you get dragged in the room as well. Then lied about it after the fact. Also theres a possibility that friend did it for revenge from her other friend who hates me because I called her out on her narcissistic behavior?
\
That is a crime and the friend is an accessory after the fact.
It should be reported to the police.
i already did. but they dropped it because since i was drugged i didnt see it happen
the guys refused to talk
You can sue in civil court for the assault. The standard of proof is lower.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.
whats the best way to go about that. who can you sue and for what? Also at least hacked into my phone to monitor it
Sue for assault and battery. Sue whoever was responsible.
It is your claim and you still have the burden of proof, but the standard is lower than a criminal prosecution.