In Ohio could i pay and take a polygraph test prior to a…

Customer Question
In Ohio could i...

In Ohio could i pay and take a polygraph test prior to a civil case to prove my inocence on the allegations made against me

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing has been filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’ve got a former employee who is claiming sexual harassment, pregnancy discrimination, wrongful termination and breach of contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, you cannot do that. You have to go through the proceedings and comply with any Court Order in the case. You cannot proactively give yourself a polygraph test to prove your " innocence." Also, you cannot chose your own polygraph company to administer the test because that calls into question validity of the test administered to you.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

basically my two options are to try and negotiate a settlement with her lawyer or hire a lawyer of my own

Unfortunately, I cannot give you legal advice.