In CT, if my husband & I are living in a home purchased by…

Customer Question
In CT, if my...

In CT, if my husband & I are living in a home purchased by my father, (he does not reside with us) & we have no contracts with him, If I file for divorece, can I ask my husband to leave, or does my father have to evict him?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am trying to avoice a restraining order as not to create a very unpleasant scene for my 13 year old to witness. I believe my cause for a restraining order is compelling, yet that is a last resort.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Your father here has to evict him or if you were to get a restraining order that would work as well.Your father can ask him to leave, give him notice and then file to evict.He is a month to month tenant due 30 days written notice.

I am sorry you are having to go through this.I wish you the best.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.

I read in CT Divorce law that nither party may deny the other access to primary residence, but if my father files to evict, and we t4ell my husband with notice, and we are in the process of having him served, can we still say, " I am aware and have proof you are cheating, my father wants you to vacate the premises, eviction papers are en route....?
sorry typing fast, it is unsafe for me to talk via phone and finaces are controlled by husband leaving me in jeopardy

Your father as landlord has right to evict wither of you if he chooses.The law you read referred to situation where you both own the house.This is a pure landlord /tenant situation.Unless you have a lease here you are month to month tenants.