I am just doing some "legal networking" on behalf of a

Customer Question
I am just doing...

I am just doing some "legal networking" on behalf of a friend whose brother has served 17 years in Florida prison for being an accomplice to a murder. The time of the crime, he was 17 years old....time of sentencing 18. One year into his incarceration, he was legally determined a diagnosis of schizophrenia. This involves a family of children, whose foster family literally got rid of them to fend for themselves. Mental illness is clearly congenital in the family. Biological mother diagnosed schizophrenia and the incarcerated brother's older sister also diagnosed with same. Sister, next of kin, who is one year older than her incarcerated brother, and lives in Georgia, is attempting to gain full power of attorney. She states her brother definitely demonstrated mental health challenges at age 14, when let go and put on the street. He was unsuccessful to obtain any type of residence or employment, and ended up being lured by the man who was murdered, into male-male sexual activity and was paid for it. The murdered gentleman (?) was well to do. The young man lived at his home after being lured. The murdered gentleman was somewhat "politically renowned" in the area as close relative operated at a high state level (attorney general?). Further, being a naiive (sp?) target, a criminal involved in drug trafficking, connect with the young man and he was the person who murdered the gentleman....the other criminal had been sentenced previously with another murder. The young man whose sister is attempting to get appropriate mental health treatment, (her brother demonstrates signs of some further degeneration)....is seeking to be her brother's power of attorney, and from there obtain legal help..."post conviction" criminal case, changed, based on the age of her brother at the time of the crime, and that the person murdered initiated criminal contact with her brother to gain sexual pleasure, and her brother, already likely mentally ill...not diagnosed, was taken advantage of. Her brother was at the scene of the murder when the drug criminal murdered the gentleman. The sister, a good friend of mine, has been working as a stewardess for Delta Airlines, is married, and very stable. She cannot stand to continue to see her brother not doing well, and is determined to do whatever is needed to get this wrongful sentencing removed and support her brother in obtaining APPROPRIATE clinical mental health treatment. She will be veeery ready to sit down with you concerning her brother's case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Place of the crime...in Florida.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Sister is attempting to find a lawyer for her incarcerated brother, diagnosed with schizophrenia to overturn the 17 year old arraignment sentencing. She also needs help to obtain becoming his power of attorney. Please refer to initial description of this very sad and junjust story and circumstance.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No....except...please remember, my role has been to assist in researching the needed legal resources only. My friend is THE person who will also need to talk to the lawyer.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

This is the type of case that lawyers from the Southern Poverty Law Center generally get involved with, especially with the fact he was a minor at the time of the offense and has been given such a long sentence, they will get involved to seek at least a reduction of sentence and perhaps transfer to a mental health facility. You can contact the Southern Poverty Law Center at http://www.splcenter.org

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney