I hired ab building contractor to repair water damaged in my…

Customer Question
I hired ab building...

I hired ab building contractor to repair water damaged in my apartment

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The contract stated nandheot to exceed $15,000.00 He added more dollars

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Is this contract null and void? He is taking me to small claims court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Please send answer to my laptop @***@******.*** Thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/7/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Are you asking for ways to defend?
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
this is in calif. 92692
yes, How would I defend myself?
George?
type is fine
Defenses can include that services were not authorized, done without consent, exceeded agreed price and do not match expectation or agreement.
You may even go on the offensive and counterclaim for monies paid to the extent not satisfied with work done!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney