Paid a contractor for a kitchen remodel in late May 2017 Job…

Customer Question
Paid a contractor for...

Paid a contractor for a kitchen remodel in late May 2017 Job was to be completed by mid July 2017.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio, It is now December, cupboards were just finished. Tile backsplash hasn’t been started as tile was not ordered early enough. New, installed countertops have screws piercing through. Company wants $2000 to finish job. Is this a breach?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Have attempted to find a local lawyer to no avail. Were not interested as they considered it a conflict of interest due to personal friendships

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
It is a breach. Failure to perform timely and defects in the work coupled with demand for more funds.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Really need help finding a lawyer to take case
I recommend excellent directories. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”

awaiting your reply, thanks.

if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney