My daughter just found out yesterday that a creditor is

Customer Question
Hi, my daughter just...

Hi, my daughter just found out yesterday that a creditor is taking money from her bank acct. She has children to feed, etc.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

How much can they take at one time?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The bank said they had a court order.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Was she never served with documents? She needs to get a copy of the court order immediately. Let me know what it is.

I don't believe she knew before yesterday

Need to find out where its coming from and then I can suggest what to do.

Discover card
She said they sold it
Oh now they want$4000 from a$700 charge
I just talked to her. She never got a coy of any court order!

Ok. You need to get the court record from the Court that the order is coming from. We need to find out how they are saying she was served. Once you get the court record, I can tell you what to do. At a minimum you want the Complaint, Affidavit of Service, Judgment, and Writ of Garnishment Order.

Ok
Tina, Lawyer