I was involved in a hit and run and now have a warrant for…

Customer Question
I was involved in...

I was involved in a hit and run and now have a warrant for my arrest for a class A misdemeanor Oregon ive reached out to some lawyers waiting a response but im not familiar with Oregon law at all so how could i get this warrant stricken and a court date set or what would that process be in the state of Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

State of Oregon and today

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

None have gotten back to me yet.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 6 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What would happen is if the warrant is quashable, someone in your situation would quash it by putting down a bond, and would get a court hearing a few weeks down the line to appear in Court. You can do this by calling any bail bond company in the area - most of them are 24 hours a day.

However many times, if this is the first warrant for an arrest (and not for missing court), the warrant may not be quashable. If so, someone in your situation would have to turn themselves in and be processed. But if one calls a bail bond agency ahead of time, they can pre-arrange the paperwork so once you are processed, bond would be posted. So then one leaves the facility and awaits the court date.

Let me know if you need a list of bail bond agencies (and if so, what county of Oregon).

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

how can i determine if my warrant is quasble and i a list of bondsmen would be great

The bail bond company will tell you. Simply tell them your name, DOB, SSN, and they'll tell you what warrant is out, and how and if it may be quashed. What county is this in?

multanomah

Try the following:

Bail Bonding Solutions

(###) ###-####/p>

Columbia Bail Enforcement LLC

(###) ###-####/p>

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

the first number was disconnected and the second didnt sound like a company, i talked with a local bondsmen on google and they all say oregon i say oregon is a no bail state? and all bonding is handle internally by their department?

Oh apologies. OR is one the four states which has strict rules on bail bonds. In this state, the defendants, their friends or family often can post a 10 percent deposit on the entire bail amount to secure the accused's release. So one can call the court and ask if a bond is available. Or better yet, have your attorney call for you when you retain one.

right so thats what i was thinking initially was to retain a attorney and have him find out the details and turn my self in with the necessary funds in hope of a low bond

Right. But technically a bond can be put down even without an attorney. However calling the court by one's self to find out the information is not a good idea; best to use an attorney.

a hit and run. will my license be revoked for sure? and if so when? after court pending court?
would you have any reference to an attorney i could get to handle this process as smoothly as possible?

There may be a 90 day license suspension. See HERE for a full explanation. May I recommend the OR Bar referral program -(###) ###-#### The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.