My Father passed away last year and my Sister and I are the…

Customer Question
My Father passed away...

My Father passed away last year and my Sister and I are the only beneficiaries. We have 4 properties that generate income. we have put the properties in a LLC with her being the managing member. I would like some control and accountability as I do not trust her as she has already skimmed thousands of dollars since my Dad passed. is there a amendment that can be drafted giving me some control and acess to bank records etc.?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I only have operating agreement of LLC and invoices and missing funds that should have been forwarded to me . I guess I would have to request a audit of expenses

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats about it. Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 7 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney with extensive legal entity experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: You would prepare an amendment to the Operating Agreement (signed by all the members), stating that all members of the LLC would manage the LLC moving forward. Please click here for a fillable template that you can use.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.