I have a buyout case where the terms were agreed on in

Customer Question
I have a buyout...

I have a buyout case where the terms were agreed on in August 2017 including a costly audit. Neither party knows how much the buyout is. The audit was completed 9/9. Since then my soon to be ex partner and her attorney have avoided my attorney. This is running up my bill and jepardizising the company. What can i do

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A junction was filed by her attorney to have the court appoint someone to run the company and then they dropped it before court stating that theybwould proceed with the buyout. Her attorney then states to my attorney that her client is the hold up. Quote from my attorney is "I don't know what more to do" .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes is this going to cost me ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to contact your attorney and ask him about filing a motion to compel the buyout, since they offered the buyout and now they are refusing to comply. As part of the motion to compel, your attorney can ask the court to award you the loses and costs you have incurred because your partner is intentionally dragging her feet on the deal.

Other than a motion to compel, your attorney can ask the court to force a public sale of the business as well, which would then mean you could sell to anyone and split the proceeds and your partner would no longer have any say.

Unfortunately, those are really the only two legal option other than your attorney eventually moving the court for attorney's fees and costs to you based on the partner's intentional delay.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.