The doctor who saw my husband for dementia recommended that…

Customer Question
The doctor who saw...

The doctor who saw my husband for dementia recommended that he execute a power attorney for his medical and final decisions. How do I start working for that

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

West Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know how to go about having the power of attorney for medical and financial decisions

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Once there is a medical determination of dementia you want to go through an Attorney's office to make sure the proper protections are in place due to the diagnosis.

I am sorry that you are going through this.

Where in West Virginia are you located so I can provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations? I will also put together the documents you should have.

Falling Waters, West Virginia

You will want:

1. Medical Power of Attorney

http://wvendoflife.org/media/1078/medical-power-of-attorney-faqsrevcomplete.pdf

2. Durable Power of Attorney http://statelaws.findlaw.com/west-virginia-law/west-virginia-durable-power-of-attorney-laws.html

This is a combined Health Care and Living Will http://wvethics.org/media/1417/combined-mpoa-lw-editable-pdf-_2-_cleaned.pdf

3. Living Will or Trust http://wvethics.org/advance-directives-forms-and-laws/

I just want you to have an idea of what the forms look like and I will now provide a link for free consultations in your area and an overview of concerns with the legal concerns for dementia.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Do you have any additional questions for me?