Real estate agency canceled my contract is that legal. North…

Customer Question
Real estate agency canceled...

Real estate agency canceled my contract is that legal

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North port, fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

The contract between seller, us & buyer, them has been canceled but we have not sigened the paper between us & the agency

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 7 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. What was the basis for this?

we left the house for over 3 hrs so they could do a home inspection, came back 6 people in our home, buyers agents inspectors, lights , fans all on at full speed my husband told them the pary was over to leave. the house is 1500 sqft enough time to inspect house as we had it done when we bought it 5 yrs ago. that night I found a leak under my bathroom sink that was bone dry before.

Only the parties could cancel it and in this case, the buyer could cancel the contract and walk away, as long as they are with in their due diligence period, as stated in the contract. The realtor can not just do this and the buyer would need to elect their right to cancel. A buyer should be able to have their inspector take as much time as needed to inspect the home and if this was not allowed and there are concerns, they can cancel.

You do not understand tbe Realeaste agency canled our contract with them

The real estate agent can not just cancel a contract. It would have to be done by the buyer or both parties, depending on the issue. The realtor is NOT a party to the contract. That is between the buyer and seller.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!