Beach school district in California... I wanted to know if I…

Customer Question
Long Beach school district in...
Long Beach school district in California... I wanted to know if I can possibly get my child's school in trouble for tampering with her suspension papers after I signed them. I do have both copies the original states she was suspended for causing harm to an individual. However the second copy i picked because I lost the first one states the original reason and also hate crime. The reason I realized this was because I found my original copy few days later. . Is there anything I can do? If so where do I start?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

That would be great

So, did they have a hearing regarding this suspension?

Principle called me in office I signed the paper and was on my way home

Thank you very much for your patience. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Generally, the Education Code here in California requires that if a student is going to be suspended, they are entitled to at least notice and a hearing in most situations. If a student is charged with something, and a suspension notice is drafted to then later changed, without notice to you that it has changed, then this would be a violation of the education code. You may be able to file a complaint with the school district using their Uniform Complaint Procedures or you may be able to file a complaint with the California Department of Education. If you reference Cal Education Code Section 48900, that'll get you in the right direction.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.

Is there any time limits when filing with the department of education?
I believe it's two years, but without seeing the exact thing with which she was charges, I can't tell you for sure. I would recommend doing it ASAP. Did you have any other questions for me?