I received a call this morning stating that my Daughter who…

Customer Question
I received a call...

I received a call this morning stating that my Daughter who does not presently live with me has a court date. They gave me a case number ***** 1110=3026-19 FL and a phone nu.(###) ###-####7675. We have no idea what this is about and they would not give any information. My Daughter did call the number given several times and all she got was Litigaton Deptment. i di as well. We perplexed as to what is going on We have not Idea . My Daughter in nOt in fl. and has been using a friends number , but he takes that phone with him to work. Can you find out what this is all about.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We don't know We have no idea why this call was made. They would not speak to me. All they said is she has a court date, which she knows nothing about and we don't know anything about this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, My Daughter has complied with many phone calls to try and talk to someone as to what is this about , but it just gets us to Litigation Department and she left several messages and I left one.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

This is a well-known scam. Your daughter isn't really due in court. When you have to go to court, you get served with a subpoena. YOu don't get a phone call.

The purpose of this call is to phish for your daughter's personal information and to get as much money as she'll be willing to hand over to settle this so-called debt so that she doesn't actually have to appear in court.

Your daughter should not call them any further and should block their number so that they cannot call her back. She can report the fraud to the FBI online at www.IC3.gov which is their Internet Crime Complaint Center and to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov

You can see a warning about this scam here:

http://www.scam-detector.com/telephone-scams/civil-complaint-against-you

okay

Our posts may have overlapped. Have you read the answer I've provided you with?