Can a Attorney file a suit while waiting for Ins. Company to…

Customer Question
Can a Attorney file...

Can a Attorney file a suit while waiting for Ins. Company to repair home? We have not been able to use home for over 3 1/2 years now do too Engineering ( Ins. C0. Engineers) screw up

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is South Fla.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Supposedly my lawyer filed back in 2014, this past june Judge ordereed that Lawyer gets paid to date by Ins. Co.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is quite a bit of info. about 7 looseleafs

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

No problem go ahead

Great, thank you! Bear with me a moment while I review…

Thank you very much for your patience. A lawsuit can be filed even while waiting for the insurance company to repair the home. Depending on the nature of the lawsuit, a lawsuit can be filed at any time. The only things that bar a lawsuit from being filed is the statute of limitations and any jurisdictional issues.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?