My daughter was bulliedin school. I made school aware of…

Customer Question
My daughter was bulliedin...

My daughter was bulliedin school. I made school aware of this issue. Nothing was done. Three days later my daughter was assault on school ground. They posted it on social media. I feel the school is not doingf anything because the students are of color

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Auburn Al

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I put in grievence and i file charged against girls

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do i have an case

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Ok

Great, thank you! Bear with me a moment while I review…

Thank you very much for your patience.

This to me sounds like a classic case of negligence if the school knew of the bulling and failed to do anything about it even though they are responsible to maintain the safety of the children. Negligence simply means that there was a duty that the other party owed and they breached that duty in some way. What is most important is that it is proven that the defendant breached their duty of care because that is what mostly determines whether there is a cause of action. Basically, the question is, “Did the defendant’s actions fall below the standard of care for a reasonable person in a similar situation?” If the answer to that question is yes, then there is negligence and you are entitled to damages. Damages can be difficult to calculate, but if you click here you can use a calculator help you understand.

You may also file a complaint with your state board of education as well on the grounds that perhaps your daughter is being targeted as a result of the color of her skin.

I'm verry sorry to hear what happened.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?