Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a question regarding fraud. Texas. I filed a police

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a question regarding fraud.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I filed a police report and I have been dealing with the dispute department as well as the prepaid department and my claim has been denied several times
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 11 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
At the end of September, I purchased a prepaid card from PLS store in Arlington. I loaded $300 on the card. This was my first time using a prepaid card. At that time, I did not use the card. On. Oct 11, someone from the PLS store called and told me that my card has come in with my name on it. I picked up the card on Oct. 13 in which I register the card and my balance was still at $300. I did not activate the card until Oct 14 after 5 pm and used it for two transactions, Foot Locker and Burlington Coat Factory. Around 12:30 am Oct 15, I got an alert that funds were taking out. I called the prepaid card company and they verified that it was an ATM transaction made so at that point I disputed that charge of $84 but also called the police to file a report. I have been back and forth with the dispute team for PLS as well as the prepaid team and haven't gotten a resolution. My claim was denied several times. I been back and forth with several supervisors and I'm not getting anywhere. I was so upset I called to check on the status of my fraud report and spoke to Officer Grehem whom was handling the case and explain everything to him of what was going on with my dispute and he advised for me to provide the report# ***** his name and cell phone number and requested that I give this information to the dispute team to call in which I did last week. I called yesterday to verify the status and was told that it was sent back over to the prepaid team and that point I ask for a supervisor and she ensure me that she was going to call back in 1 hour and she didn't . So I called today and I'm still getting the run around, only this time, a supervisor refuses to speak with me. I need help. Its said that I have been fighting for my $84 for about 2 months.

Hi, thanks for sending this. Bear with me a moment while I review.