I NEED YO KNOW AND MISSISSIPPI AND I HAVE CUSTODY OF MY GRAD…

Customer Question
I NEED YO KNOW...

I NEED YO KNOW AND IM IN MISSISSIPPI AND I HAVE CUSTODY OF MY GRAD DAUGHTER WHICH WILL BE 16 YEARS OLD IN MARCH SHE AND I WANTS HER TO GO TO SCHOOL IN pETAL AND SHE WILL LIVE WITH HER MOM DOWN HERE THEY SUPPOSE TO GO TO SCHOOL IN THE CITY OR TOWN THEY LIVE IN AND I DONT LIVE IN THE SAME CITY SO I NEED TO KNOW IF ME AND HER MOM CAN GO TO THE SCHOOL AND SHE SIGN AN aFFA dAVID AND I SIGN ONE CAN SHE GO TO THAT SCHOOL AND THE AFFA DAVID SAYS THEY WILL COME TO HER HOUSE AND SEE WHO LIVES THERE

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

YES mISSISSIPPI

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. I'm not understanding your question... you said you have custody of your granddaughter... why would you need mom's signature to switch schools? If you have a legal document stating that you can make legal decisions for your granddaughter then you wouldn't need mom's consent...