What does level 2 of rule 190 in the Texas Rules of Civil…

Customer Question
What does level 2...

What does level 2 of rule 190 in the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Petition to adopt

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What is adoption with special needs

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 4 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

That's the discovery plan. Level 2 is the "default" level.

Here is the rule for level 2 pasted below:

190.3 Discovery Control Plan - By Rule (Level 2)
(a) Application. Unless a suit is governed by a discovery control plan under Rules 190.2 or
190.4, discovery must be conducted in accordance with this subdivision.
(b) Limitations. Discovery is subject to the limitations provided elsewhere in these rules and
to the following additional limitations:
(1) Discovery period. All discovery must be conducted during the discovery period,
which begins when suit is filed and continues until:
(A) 30 days before the date set for trial, in cases under the Family Code; or
(B) in other cases, the earlier of
(i) 30 days before the date set for trial, or
(ii) nine months after the earlier of the date of the first oral deposition or
the due date of the first response to written discovery.
(2) Total time for oral depositions. Each side may have no more than 50 hours in oral
depositions to examine and cross-examine parties on the opposing side, experts
designated by those parties, and persons who are subject to those parties' control.
"Side" refers to all the litigants with generally common interests in the litigation. If
one side designates more than two experts, the opposing side may have an additional
six hours of total deposition time for each additional expert designated. The court
may modify the deposition hours and must do so when a side or party would be given
unfair advantage.
(3) Interrogatories. Any party may serve on any other party no more than 25 written
interrogatories, excluding interrogatories asking a party only to identify or
authenticate specific documents. Each discrete subpart of an interrogatory is
considered a separate interrogatory.

It's basically the "plan" to handle the pretrial issues (if any), any depositions, interrogatories, etc... that might be handled. Again, it's the default situation, so unless there's a good reason to change it, it's usually left alone.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I did not understand any part of that answer. I just wanted to know what does it mean in layman terms. Not law terms.
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney