If i made a false mistake on my partners visa missleding…

Customer Question
If i made a...

If i made a false mistake on my partners visa missleding information can i correct that

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I dont understand the question

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No can lawyer help

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes, you can correct it.

You'll need to wait until you receive your receipt notice from USCIS. Then once you do, you can call the Customer Service Center, explain the mistake, and request that they fix it.

This is the phone number:

1(###) ###-####/p>

They should be able to help fix your problem right away on the phone. If not, then they will instruct you to mail in a letter.

You would then need to send a letter to the USCIS office that is processing your form, explaining the mistake and how it should be corrected, with a new signed form. The customer service representative can let you know the office location that is processing your application.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!