How can a person get a search of records for registered

Customer Question
How can a person...

How can a person get a search of records for registered vehicles after one has a judgment n a civil action?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

State MO, but we are anting to execute against personal assets

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have a judgment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

When we filed the form with the state accompanied with a copy of the judgment. The state refused to honor the request, due the granting the right to search the records

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You need to petition the court where judgment was entered for debtor exam.You are allowed to ask under oath their bank accounts, cars, anything else that you can levy or force sale of .

Reference

76.27. Examination of Judgment Debtor

When an execution is returned unsatisfied the judgment creditor may petition the court which rendered the judgment to enter an order requiring the judgment debtor to appear and be examined under oath concerning his means of satisfying the judgment.

A “debtor examination” is a court proceeding where the plaintiff is entitled to ask questions of the

defendant, under oath, regar

ding her property, assets, debts, and income. Before asking the Court for a

debtor examination, the plaintiff must have tried without success to collect on the judgment and obtain

personal service on the defendant of a motion for examination.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Can we have the judgment amended so we can search the state DMV records for vehicles and boats registered to the defendants.

Clerk should have debtor exam forms.