Is a rent with intent buy property contract legally binding?

Customer Question
Is a rent with...

Is a rent with intent buy property contract legally binding ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Wa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No and our tenants moved out without telling us

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this stage thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Yes, a rent to own, or lease with option to purchase, or contract for deed all are legally binding contracts that owners can enter into to self finance a sale to a tenant if the tenant can't get conventional bank financing..

.

If they breach the contract, it depends on what the terms are and what type of contract it was as to what the landlord/seller has to do to terminate it and reclaim full ownership of the property..

.

.

thanks

We hadn’t lodged the contract with anyone when they moved but both copies were signed. Who do we see now to enforce the conditions please ?

If the tenant/buyer has broken the contract, you would have to sue them in civil court under a breach of contract action. It is the judge that would enforce the contract and force them to perform or pay you damages for failing to do so..

.

So you would need to contact a local real estate attorney to assist in representing you in filing suit against them for breach of contract.

.

.

thanks

Thanks I will do that. Could you please advise now that I have my answers and I’ve paid the $50 for it how do I ensure no more money will be collected from my account next month? I didn’t click free trial so do I have to do anything else ?

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

I am just a site user like you, so I don't really know how JustAnswer handles customer accounts.. But it is my understanding that as long as you didnt' sign up for a subscription, it is a one time charge..

.

You can always contact JA customer service to make sure you didn't click something to sign up..

.

This is the contact info I have:,

,

If you need assistance navigating the system, or in understanding how this site operates, the Customer Support team is available to help you 24/7. Email***@******.*** In the US or Canada 1-***-***-**** Available 6am to 9pm PST or use this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

.

.

thanks much

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much