Today a judge denied my writ of stay of possession but I had…

Customer Question
Today a judge denied...

Today a judge denied my writ of stay of possession but I had filed a notice of appeal what should I do next

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The default judgment entered

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The house is my mothers and I am the tenant, my mother has a civil lawsuit against Morgan Stanley Mortgage Loan Trust as they wrongfully foreclosed on this house when she owns it outright and has proof

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. According to the State of California, after you file the notice of appeal, you must, "Designate the clerk's transcript within 10 days after filing the notice of appeal, the appellant (appealing party) must serve and file a notice in superior court designating the documents to be included in the clerk's transcript with service of a conformed copy." Rule 8.124 should help you understand the process a bit better

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?