Sorry, I back. I was looking to see if I would get any

Customer Question
Hi. Sorry, I back. I...
Hi. Sorry, I back. I was looking to see if I would get any points of my license and I seen some sites that say it's not a moving violation so I wouldn't get points and it would not be mommy driving record either. It was a NJ state site.Can you explain this because that is different from what you initially told me. I'm just trying to understand all of this prior to going to court. As I said I've never had to go to court and I've never even had a parking ticket
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Thanks so much for contacting me. So, to be clear, I don't think that we discussed whether points would show up on your license. It is entirely possible that points would show up on your license as a result of this violation. Points, however, are not considered criminal as they are just infractions against your driving record. Based on information from the State of NJ, it doesn't look like there are any points associated with it. If you click here, you can see the entire point schedule for the state. This violation doesn't appear so you should not expect any points to be assessed. Keep in mind though that this violation itself will appear on your driving record, but there are no points assessed with it. Regardless, if you're concerned about job prospects, this kind of violation usually never has any impact at all.

What other questions did you have for me?

Tina, Lawyer