What more can I do? State of Utah. A preli held and state…

Customer Question
What more can I...

What more can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

State of Utah.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes a preli held and state bound the accused over for trial.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Intruders 2 came on my property in trespass and refused to vacate. an lalerecation insued . a life threatening situation was eminent. Happened in the back lyard. The home owner and wife and the assult victom went into lthe home and locked the doors The intruder then proceded to plumit the entry door and broke out the 6 x 4 backyard window.. a warning round was fired over the head of intruder. Visual evidance revealed the window was broken before the shot was fired. Question what does it to be able to lexersice ons 2nd amendment rights?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry to hear this happened.

Under the castle doctrine the homeowners were legally allowed to use deadly force to protect themselves from an intruder.

The situation you've described is a case in which they would be justified in using deadly force.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!