I believe i was in the midst of an entrapment case by either…

Customer Question
I believe i was...

I believe i was in the midst of an entrapment case by either the feds or local law enforcement. I believe this is being done because i have some information on government officials that did some very bad stuff and they're are either going to blackmail me or try to discredit me

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, they said thy are allowed to do it. I don;t agree

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was involved with a type of whistle blowing incident years ago. I believe this situation is ongoing because the statute doesn't run out with government employee's involved in criminal behavior.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Please tell me a little more - what is happening and what are you asking here, please?

I was given information as a bait tactic to see if I would leak confidential information to the press or one of the online blogs. At the time, I was unaware that my colleagues thought i was leaking the whereabouts of my boss, who happened to be a very powerful political figure and extremely rich. The information that they thought I would leak out turned out to be information that resulted in the deaths of two people in a fire. I believe soon after, I was targeted and a possible entrapment/conspiracy case ensued upon myself. I have numerous documents supporting my claims. The only reason why I was never arrested or charged is because I'm a honest person. I believe they had wrong information or suspicions based on other information that they thought connected me to their investigation. I'm a retired NYPD Police Sergeant.

I understand. What can I answer for you specifically based on this? As in, can you sue for wrongful termination, etc?

I was never terminated. I was hired by a private investigative firm ********* that they lured me into. During the course of my employment, I was almost arrested several times. When I felt that they were investigating me, I did a freedom of information request with the ******and was suddenly let go by the firm. I believe I was set up, so that I would do some illegal things based on the clients I was introduced to. One of them being ********* from the ***** arrest. There are multiple examples that I have documented. I also believe I was followed and drugged when I took a trip to ************ I made a request to******to preserve the flight manifest based on what I'm saying.....

This all has to do with the Fire in the Deutsche Bank in 2007. I was given information that supports that these fireman died unnecessarily. I believe that the statute is ongoing with public servants and they could face possible jail time.

I know this sounds crazy but its true and I have evidence supporting what I'm saying. I'm a veteran of the armed forces and a highly decorated police officer. I'm a graduate of ************* with honors.

No worries. I am still not understanding what you are asking, exactly.

is it illegal for a government entity to conspire to have a civilian arrested by a private investigative firm ****** legal? Is it legal to follow someone and drug them to blackmail them?

Well... the answer is no. I think you know that. But surely I am not sure what you want me to clarify here. As in, can you sue?

Can I sue and is there enough basis for criminal charges.I want to pursue this because I did nothing wrong and my career and reputation have been destroyed

Someone in your situation may have a case as a "whistle blower." Under N.Y. Lab. Law § 215, an employee may not be discharged (or discriminated against) in retaliation for making a complaint, instituting a proceeding, or testifying at a proceeding concerning a violation of New York's labor laws. An employee may also not be discharged or penalized in retaliation for the following activities:

• Disclosing an illegal activity, policy, or practice of the employer that presents a substantial and specific danger to the public health or safety. The disclosure must be made to either a supervisor or a public body (such as a legislative body, a judicial officer, an administrative agency, or law enforcement agency). However, if an employee chooses to report the violation to a public body, the employee must first bring the violation to the attention of a supervisor and then give the employer a reasonable opportunity to correct the activity, policy, or practice.
  • Providing information or testimony to a public body in the course of an investigation, hearing, or inquiry into an activity, policy, or practice that presents a substantial and specific danger to the public health and safety.
  • Objecting to, or refusing to participate in, an illegal activity, policy, or practice that presents a substantial and specific danger to the public health or safety.

See HERE for more.

So yes, there may be a claim. I would talk to an employment law attorney near you about this ASAP.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.