I have a sealed record by by a court in the state of NV. I…

Customer Question
I have a sealed...

I have a sealed record by by a court in the state of NV. I am filling out an applications for the clark county school district that states I must disclose any criminal background even if it has been sealed. My sealed record signed and sealed by a judge states "All proceedings recounted int he sealed records are deemed never to have occurred" it goes on to say I may answer any employment inquiries accordingly. This sealed record is dated December 2008. Do I have to disclose the items in this sealed record?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NV

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Did you read my initial paragraph?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Is there any more information you need from me? Are you still working on my answer? thank you.
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Sorry for the delay, I think there was an error with the site, I was no longer able to view your question.

Give me just a moment to type up my response now, thanks!

This is a scam. please refund my money.
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm a live attorney, and I'm almost done typing up your answers. Let me know if you'd still like to proceed, and I can send you the answer to your question now. If not I can send you the link for customer support to process a refund.

I'll take the link for the refund please.
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

In most cases the answer is no, you do not have to disclose any cases that were sealed or expunged.

However the school board is one of the few entities, that you do have to disclose to, and they will be able to access your criminal record.

You should therefore be up front, disclose the case, and hopefully you would still be eligible for employment.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

If you'd still like to contact customer support, you can reach them here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

However all of the information I've sent to you is accurate. Best of luck to you.

Please take care, and please do let me know if you still have any follow up questions.

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!