My -polar daughter, age 42, moved from one city to

Customer Question
My bi-polar daughter, age...

My bi-polar daughter, age 42, moved from one city to Indianapolis to start over. She had a job in Milwaukee but also cared for her dying grandmother. She moved when grandmother died, but needed a co-signer on her apartment until she was fully employed. She had a 3 month job through an agencies, but now is again without work, although she swears she will be working before her lease is up April 1st. Because of her mental problems, I’m not sure of this and would like to get off the lease ASAP so as not to empty my pockets or ruin my perfect credit. How and when do I begin this process and still hope she has a roof over her head?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Indiana, Indianapolis, Marion County.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

As in....?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Oh, no....there is only a lease signed by both of us, and they did accept her pay stubs from her job in Milwaukee.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Are you online with me?