I have recently paid off a collection after finding out

Customer Question
I have recently paid...

I have recently paid off a collection after finding out there was a lien on my property. It's been two months and they have sent a release with the wrong dead number. Then they said two weeks ago that their lawyer had signed off on it but it still hasn't made it to the court house. I live in kentucky I had a settlement that was reduced.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No they haven't sent anything and when they did it had wrong deed or page number.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No other than I have a lawyer but he's not being too helpful about this

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Lawyer should demand that the satisfaction be delivered and filed within 10 days. The delay here is not reasonable, and if needed he can file a motion to compel it and seek saction/legal fees. That threat alone should get collector to finish the job which should take minutes of paralegal work.

Please let me know if that is acceptable by responding "yes"

but does it make a difference that I paid off for less money than was said that I owed

If you settled for less, the claim is satisfied and needs to be filed by the plaintiff.

so it makes no difference!

would you kindly rate me positively on your page.