I have been contacted by a Sampson of Consumer Protection…

Customer Question
Hello -- I have...

Hello -- I have been contacted by a Joe Sampson of Consumer Protection Bureau (ph(###) ###-####x 12102) that I have won a large $$ sweepstakes award after which Im referred to ***** ***** of the Federal Reserve, Wash.DC (ph 202/559-0173 x12100) regarding this matter and subsequent procedure to claim the award. How do I check this situation to verify who these folks are and for honesty, reality, and confirmation of claims process?? Thank you so much.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when exactly were you notified?

Notified just this morning by phone calls and Im in California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Been give the website of Holiday Sweeps at www.sweepsh.com which with response to a code shows myself as winner of $$ but no other information. ***** ***** (of Fed.Reserve, Wash,DC) is to fax me information and gives me direct ph # to sweeps company but those numbers go to a busy signal so far (702/779-0618 or(###) ###-####. Are these people real or how can I determine this is a scam??

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I havent the foggiest of what else to say, do, or ask at this point -- wanting to know how I can verify any of this and is it connected to some kind of supposed ''tax fraud'' that the supposed IRS continues to phone and leave message. I have a hearing problem and many of these people have accents difficult for me to understand when on phone. Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: JustAnswer, Arbitrator replied 7 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Arbitrator
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Lawyer: ,  replied 7 months ago
Phone call session started