At the request of a Game & Fish Dept. Law Enforcement

Customer Question
At the request of...

At the request of a Game & Fish Dept. Law Enforcement Officer, I took a picture of a nearby neighbor feeding deer in his backyard. There is a city ordinance that prohibits the feeding of deer. I have shared the picture only with the Law Enforcement Officer. The neighbor I mentioned has threatened me with a lawsuit (I think). Yesterday he confronted me as I walked on our public street and told me you are going to get a "Big Surprise".

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in Flagstaff, Arizona. The Law Enforcement Officer issued the neighbor a citation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I have not. I am investigating who would be a good lawyer in this field, if he does file suit.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think the above, in brief, is my input. Would like to "get some sleep", if I was "OK" to take the photo.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 7 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

While waiting for a response, please do not keep asking questions, such as "Are you there", etc. since that can erase whatever I am writing and also interrupts the thought process. I will be back with you as soon as I can do any research necessary, formulate a response, and type it in.

We aren't allowed to give specific referrals and there wouldn't be anyone who had death with this type of issue regularly in the past since it is so unusual.

Were you in an area where you could see him feeding the deer without entering his property or trespassing in any way?