I had a mortgage modification done and now HUD is saying…

Customer Question
I had a mortgage...

I had a mortgage modification done and now HUD is saying that I owe them money for a lien that they placed on the mortgage I don't know how this was never explained to me, is this legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

The modification was done online mostly and HUD has sent me letters stating that I owe them and they sent a copy of a form with my signature on it but I don't recall signing it nor was it explained to me that I would owe HUD money

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I cant think of anything else at this time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Do you have a copy of what they are telling you? Do you have a copy of the lien?

I just have what HUD has sent

Can you attach the document?

Are you online with me?