Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

What mean vio 395.8E ref 49 cfr,PA code 229.16

Customer Question

what mean vio 395.8E ref 49 cfr,PA code 229.16
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

While waiting for a response, please do not keep asking questions, such as "Are you there", etc. since that can erase whatever I am writing and also interrupts the thought process. I will be back with you as soon as I can do any research necessary, formulate a response, and type it in.

Can you tell me in what context you saw this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i got a ticket

The first part of that 49 CFR 395.8 is a reference to the statute you can find at https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/395.8

That section has to do with record keeping and verification of a commercial driver's record of duty. It is a federal law.

The section titled PA Code 229.16 is a statute you can find at https://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter229/chap229toc.html

That law deals with the state accepting the federal determinations of what is meant by "out of service", usually recordkeeping of the hours a driver is down and not working.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Even if you are a subscriber or have a trial membership please leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so that the website knows I have answered your question.