I am having difficulty getting the services that I need from…

Customer Question
I am having difficulty...

I am having difficulty getting the services that I need from the NY State of Health website
Since Sep. 2017 my requests for help and my Appeals by phone, mail , and fax are being ignored. There is a bug in my account for applying for health insurance for my family.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Explain, please?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The dates and details of the issue but that is lengthy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Tell me your situation.

In September 2017 we updated our online application due to a life change event. They have not been able to submit my application with the correct income due to the website having some glitch. We waited until early October but received no response.
When they finally approved our application they would not approve it retroactively, even though I explained via mail, phone and fax that this was their error. During this entire time my online marketplace account access was unavailable due to a glitch with our online account. We filed a support ticket by phone and fax, and an appeal by expedited mail and phone and fax, etc - but no response has yet been received.Seeing the weeks tick by with a family of 11 without insurance, I opened a new online account with the NYS marketplace and it seemed to take. However, now it's still showing me active on the old account, which as stated, has the glitch which won't allow me do anything with it.I've spent countless hours by phone and I'm getting nowhere.
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago

Did you receive a letter approving your application? If so, can you send it to me as an attachment? I take that you have not talked to a live person yet?​

I have received letters that I am approved - just not for the retroactive months. After three months of this going on I started a new account. I have spoken to a live person many many times for hours.
They need me to upload documents which I couldn't due to the glitch with our account. After three months of it not being addressed or corrected I opened the new account.
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago

I understand. I need some information to help you. I am trying to understand the basis for their claim that you are not entitled to retroactive treatment. Is there anything in writing that you can refer me to? What health plan did you select? Are you getting health care through an employer or own your own?​

I wish there would have been communication from them about my appeals or letters and phone calls. There hasn't been. All I heard by phone was that a support ticket will be filed. By mail - nothing.
I'm basically talking to the wall.
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago

Let’s see if we can break through that wall! Who is your health care provider?​

My doctor?
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago

Not the doctor, who do you pay your insurance premiums to?

Fidelis Care New York
Edward,
Are you waiting for more from me?
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago

No, I was tied up with another matter. Sorry. I will respond to you tomorrow.

Tina, Lawyer