My mother 76 years old have been scammed for the past 4

Customer Question
Hi...my mother 76 years...

Hi...my mother 76 years old have been scammed for the past 4 years.. she has given these people over $350,000.00 already. she doesn't beliveve it. and won't ask for help. two years ago, my husband and I reported it to the FBI and said they cannot help , because my mother is willing to gives the money. my father 88 years old think everything will be okay.. what ever my mother tells him. now this year ..my father inherited my aunt house and sold it in June for over $2 million dollars ..everything in my name only...my father gave my mother the poa to sell the house. we told my father to revoke the the poa, but he won't. is there anything we could do? also, we already reported this to the adult protective services...thank you so much with any help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?

Not at this time. thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Legally, the only way to stop this if she is doing it willingly and she has not been deemed mentally incompetent is to file a petition for guardianship/conservatorship in court and seek to have your mother placed under court ordered guardianship so then you can stop her conduct, since the conduct is likely indication she is not mentally competent and neither is your father if he is not helping stop this waste of money.

If everything is in your name only, nobody has rights to do anything with that property and your father could not give PoA to your mother if everything was in your name, you would have to take the actions.

So, if the FBI will not act and your mom has not yet been deemed incompetent, you have to go to court with a petition for guardianship using a local attorney to get this to stop and get control over her affairs and even then be able to perhaps sue the party who has defrauded her if they can be located.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.