A case was filed against me by lender loantopia on nov 27…

Customer Question
A case was filed...

A case was filed against me by lender loantopia on nov 27 2017 case no 30-2017-0094998-sd-sc-sjk my name is ***** ***** i attended the hearing and the case was dismissed by the judge cause the petetioner did not attend can they still fill a case against me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No they said they will file again a new case even mybcase was already dismissed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

It all depends on how the case was dismissed by the court. If the court did not say that the case was dismissed with prejudice, then the lender can come back later at any time within the statute of limitations and file a new suit based on continued breach/default of the loan contract. If the case was dismissed with prejudice (specifically stated that way by the judge) they cannot sue again on the same issues and would have to file a motion to vacate the dismissal and prove they had good cause for not attending.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.