I was stopped by a police officer for expired

Customer Question
Hi, I was stopped...

Hi, I was stopped by a police officer for expired regristrationbut his first reason was that I was swerving then he said that u was flashing my high beams at my girlfriend's car whom was right in front of me then when he told me that my regritration was expired. So he had me get out of my truck he searched me then I asked him if we could get off the road. we proceeded to the sidewalk and my girlfriend was waiting approximately 10 to 15 yards away also on the same sidewalk then the officer proceeded to walk over and initiate contact with her by getting in her face and started screaming at her which she started to fear for her safety. It was so bad that I asked the other officer to please do something so officer #2 proceeded to approach officer #1 and while approaching #1 was saying to him to get over there and finish what he started and he would talk to her but officer #1 was so encroached in screaming at my girlfriend that he didn't hear him officer #2 had to physically touch officer #1 on the shoulder to get his attention. Then officer #1 came back to me and said that I was being detained cause I was getting loud. I told him that he's the one that's getting out of hand and that he has a gun and we were affraid for our safty he put me in the back of his patrol car and then started to search my truck without my consent

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

California 1998 Chevy Silverado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I have court on 12/7. I wanted to file a 4 the amendment violation for illegal search and seizure

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ya during his illegal search without my consent he found a paraphernalia and very small amount of meth

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 4 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Tina, Lawyer