Just reading on bank records being supeoned. TX, but legally…

Customer Question
Just reading on bank...

Just reading on bank records being supeoned

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

TX, but legally on record in IL not sure how that works

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No but I was on the phone with the HUD office of Inspector General and he said he wanted to subpoena my bank records

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't have charges filed against me, but I am told that the US Attorney General could charge me with criminal or civil or I could just be ordered to pay money back. This is in regarding Section 8 Housing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What is your question for us about this issue?