Who oversee the attorney grievance commission in Maryland.

Customer Question
Who oversee the attorney...

Who oversee the attorney grievance commission in Maryland . The grievance Commission committed fraud

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

What employment agreement .The Commission ruled on a case they said there was nothing wrong when the attorney who represented committed fraud it takes 3 minutes to prove. The attorney has political connections

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at present

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Loren, Attorney
The MD Court of Appeals has jurisdiction of the Attorney Greivance Commission. “This Court has original and complete jurisdiction over attorney disciplinary proceedings.   Md. Rule 16-709b;  Attorney Grievance Comm'n v. Adams, 349 Md. 86, 93, 706 A.2d 1080, 1083 (1998);  Attorney Grievance Comm'n v. Glenn, 341 Md. 448, 470, 671 A.2d 463, 473 (1996);  Attorney Grievance Comm'n v. Kent, 337 Md. 361, 371, 653 A.2d 909, 914 (1995);  Attorney Grievance Comm'n v. Powell, 328 Md. 276, 287, 614 A.2d 102, 108 (1992).   Under our independent review of the record, we must determine whether the findings of the hearing judge are based on clear and convincing evidence.   The “hearing court's findings of fact are prima facie correct and will not be disturbed unless they are shown to be clearly erroneous.”  Attorney Grievance Comm'n v. Garland, 345 Md. 383, 392, 692 A.2d 465, 469 (1997) (citing Attorney Grievance Comm'n v. Goldsborough, 330 Md. 342, 347, 624 A.2d 503, 505 (1993)).   Accordingly, the ultimate decision as to whether a lawyer has violated professional rules rests with this Court.  Garland, 345 Md. at 392, 692 A.2d at 469;  Attorney Grievance Comm'n v. Breschi, 340 Md. 590, 599, 667 A.2d 659, 663 (1995).”
So, if you disagree with the Commission’s findings, your remedy is to file a complaint in the Court of Appeals.If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.