My Husband Alex Boykin Sr., Passed Away January 20th,2017!!

Customer Question
My Husband Alex Stephen Boykin...
My Husband Alex Stephen Boykin Sr., Passed Away January 20th,2017!! The Nursing Home He Was In Keeps Sending Me A BILL For $6,875.00!! Am I Responsible For Paying This Debt?? He Has No Assets To Pay! I Was Paying Them $541.14 A Month With Him Having Medicaid Now It Is Closed & His Income Trust Fund Has 0 Dollars! Thank You! Linda Kaye Boykin SC
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

My deepest sympathies for your loss.

Your Question:

Am I Responsible For Paying This Debt??

Response: No, you are not unless your signed the admission papers to the nursing facility as the "Responsible Party." If you did not do so, then you need to send a notice to the nursing facility to stop contacting you with regard to the debt because your husband's estate has no assets and you are not responsible for his bills.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I Would Like For You Too Text Me Back When I Have An Urgent Question!! Linda Kaye Boykin 12-0512017 Thanks

I am sorry, but I do not understand your follow-up post. Kindly clarify.

Do you have additional question for me?