My daughter’s high school principal called her a coward

Customer Question
My daughter’s high school...

My daughter’s high school principal called her a coward after a current situation at school and when she told the truth and he didn’t believe it he told her it was “bullshit” can I file a complaint? Or what may I do ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a long story behind all this in which I know my daughter had made a bad decision in which has come this far as to where her principal called her a coward

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your daughter's difficulties.

Yes, you can file complaint against the Principal. You need to file complaint with the Superintendent of the school system. If your complaint is ignored, you can escalate the matter to California Department of Education.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you very much one other question, wouldn’t those harsh words used towards my daughter be considered verbal harassment?

Yes, it is. That's why I suggested ultimately going to California Department of Education if the school does not satisfactorily address your concerns.