If I purchase a vehicle and was given one price but was

Customer Question
If I purchase a...

If I purchase a vehicle and was given one price but was charge more under the table is that legal

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Florida. 2 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes this were 2 day ago .I am trying to take the vehicle back. But afraid that they will not agree with it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

.

Why did you agree to pay more than the contract stated?

.

Did you read the written purchase contract and agree to the price for the vehicle that it said you would pay?

.

.

thanks

I had one sale person, that sold the vehicle to me. Another person came cut the monthly payments to $336.00 .another did paper work electronics. Didn't go through paper work.
Please call before I don't have any money in the bank

I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website because I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible in writing.

.

However, if you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though..

Ok, I hate to say it, but if you signed a contract that says you agreed to pay $XXXX then you are on the hook for that amount. It is up to the buyer to carefully go over their contract to make sure they aren't getting taken for a ride by a shady used car dealer.

.

Everyone knows that used car dealers are out to get as much of your money as possible so they are the enemy, not your friend.

.

So I hate to say it, but it sounds like you are stuck here..

.

I am sorry that the news isn't better..

Thanks. The one that stuck me knew that the vehicle price were $16,000.00 because he said that he will get the paper chance. Is their a law. Auto dealership fault. Where a dealer post one price but charge another.

No, there is no law against car dealers putting a higher price on the written contract because that is what controls the deal.. Any verbal conversations mean nothing legally...only what is on the paper you sign..

.

That is why it is critical to actually read the contract before you sign it...otherwise you are stuck with whatever they put on it as a price..

If I take the vehicle back. What would happen.

Have you paid anything towards it yet or signed a financing agreement with them?

I have paid anything yet. But I have signed the financings agreements.
Thank you. At least you were honest. Good night.

If you haven't paid anything, then if you return the vehicle, they have two options.. they can "repo" it, sell it at auction, and then sue you for any balance due... Or they can just cancel the deal and walk away..

.

It could cost them thousands in attorney fees to sue you for breach of contract if they repoed the car and sold it, so it is much more likely that they would just void the deal and gripe and threaten you..

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney