My father made my older brother "power of attorney to his…

Customer Question
My father made my...

My father made my older brother "power of attorney to his finances" back in 2009 I believe. Since that time, my brother was telling my family that my father had

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

My brother is POA for finances of my dad's will since I believe mid 2000. He inform my family that he had a trust made-up for all his monetary assets plus a life ins.policy that my father received through his workplace when my father retired. Since 2012 my dad had to go into a home for care. My brother informed the family that my dad had $90,000 in cash and a life ins. policy that was given to my father during his time from ***** ***** worth $72,000. My brother had a trust made up for about $35k for us, held about $30k for funeral cost and other costs. Distribute $3k x six to the family last Easter 2017 which = $18k. My dad past on March 1, 2017. But at that time he said the state had taken the so called $35k trust for reimbursement per a law change in WI. for his home stay. He said the funeral cost came to about $6k at that time. Plus saying he misread my dad's insurance policy of $72k that it was going to be only half that, that the policy stipulated. He said he was waiting for other state papers to come through before distributing the other money to us which he stated saying was $22k that was left in his account. This doesnt add up at all. He has not disclosed anything to me or to my other older sister in black and white since March 1st. of this year when my father died. MY ? is why he never tells me anything and here it's Dec. and he's holding $?

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have no docs, at all.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, isn't he suppose to reveal all assets at this time where they went to and distribute all remaining assets to the rest of the family since my father's death on March 1, 2017?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Did he file a probate case to settle father's estate?

.
Did father have a will in place when he passed?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer