Immigrant card holder - my Husband of 8 years served about 3…

Customer Question
Hello- hi- immigrant green...

Hello- hi- immigrant green card holder -
my Husband of 8 years served about 3 years for felony assault over 25 years ago. An immigration judge let him stay-he has driver license and social sec card and worked for years before every. but he has no visa green card or work permit.he paid into doc security. He is now eligible to draw it but is denied bc of his non status. His father was born in So Pap. His mom became a naturalized citizen. We have worked researched for years his dads work record for 1942 to 1952 as proof of his fathers residency here but unsuccessful as most all records were put in his moms name for her immigration case. He has for years been denied work and medical services. He is now disabled- we pay for everything - any chance of a judge reconsidering his status to draw his social security? He paid on for years. We are married- he and I cared for his mom for several years before she died. Any ideas?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Nothing filed. His deportation case was closed by a San Diego judge. All we have is the case# ***** just the order saying the judge closed it. He is floating around here but neutered without having access to work or benefits. Much as I'm glad he is here, he is more disabled because he cannot care for himself.he is severely dyslexic, also has had a back surgery that makes him 100 percent disabled per his doctors. He never has reoffended nor will he.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

We have seen many lawyers - spent a lot of $ - got no answers other than to find proof of his dad working this side of the border for 10 years prior to my husbands birth date in 1952.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I feel like he has taken between the cracks..even if he could just get a temp work permit it would help. Yes- how much to have a consultation ?.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Ok thx
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What immigration and court documents do you have? Can you send them to me as an attachment?

I can soon. Hubby has them. Here in a bit. Thx.
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago

No worries. No rush, I will be on this matter until we get an answer. it is 11:10 pm where I am In Texas. If you do not hear from me tonight, I will contact you tomorrow.

Tomorrow is good. My husband is delayed. Thank you!
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago

Please have your husband attach copies of all the immigration documents that he has.

Thanks.

No rush!