Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I purchased a vehicle, but have not taken ownership yet. The

I purchased a vehicle, but...
I purchased a vehicle, but have not taken ownership yet. The car had a rattle and the dealership said that they'd fix the rattle and documented they would on the sale. The manager from the dealership called and said the repair (two turbos) would run 9k. They said that they want to unwind the deal. My question:
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: What documentation do I need to verify the deal is officially over. I signed the sale paperwork and worked with my bank? Illinois
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Older model BMW. There is no warranty on the part. The part warranty expired a year ago. The manager wants to end the sale... reverse it. Their cost to fix would be 9k
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
12/5/2017
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What documents do I need to get from the dealership to show the deal is ended?
Can the dealership just stop the purchase after I signed the contract? I financed through my bank.
They don't want to fix the turbo's on the car because it will cost 9k. They agreed to have the rattle fixed on the car, which involves fixing the turbo's. Can they rescind the agreement because of the cost to fix as they agreed?
They have an arbitration clause, which I signed. How does that impact what has happened?
A letter on letterhead would suffice referencing the contract. If any money was paid should be refunded on full. Arbitration applies to resolving disputes but if both sides agree to cancel that normally is a good outcome as long as you get money back.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can they just end the contract?
If both sides agree or contract permits.
But buyer cannot have any loss!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I ask them to make the 9k repair, and keep the agreement in place?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you working on a response to this question?
Buyer can agree to cancel, demand repair or replacement altogether.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
acceptable
Thanks.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney