Is attached non-compete agreement is enforceable?

Customer Question
Hi, Is attached non-compete agreement is...
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for requesting me in relation to your non-compete clause.

I would like to review your legal document to determine its enforceability and any other obligations arising from the agreement. There is an additional review fee so please accept my offer to allow the review.

Generally speaking non-competes must follow the Supreme court interpretations of what is fair and reasonable in terms of length and geographic scope and they should use clear concise language.

A review takes extra time to the question and answer service.

Looking forward to being of assistance .

Attorney Bill

I was allowed to review your document.

Because your non-compete is for 13 months and limited to 100 miles from their offices it is likely to be enforceable as reasonably limited in scope and duration.

Part 1 of the agreement to this extent would be enforceable in law.

Please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit.

Bonuses and tips appreciated as the review today incurred no extra cost.

You rate positively by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Best

Attorney Bill

But they haven’t disclosed anything to me . Other attorney had said its invalid
It’s not clear what type of business they do

The clause 1 refers to competing customers that the company brought you into contact with so you couldn't solicit these customers under the agreement.

In relation to disclosure, if you haven't been given any confidences then the disclosure clause of the agreement would be irrelevant rather than unenforceable.

Please follow up with me as required.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Best

Attorney Bill

Can I open my own company?
Not take their existing clients

So long as you aren't soliciting past clients opening your company isn't precluded by the agreement.

The agreement is restricted to competition with the company clients.

Please follow up with me as required.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Best

Attorney Bill

Thank you

Your welcome,

Just remember to take the time to leave a positive rating today.

This is how you reciprocate my time and service.

Best

Attorney Bill