Is a licensed attorney in any state required to be

Customer Question
Is a licensed attorney...
Is a licensed attorney in any state required to be registered with Home Land Security prior to depositing large sums of money in his IOTA (Trust) Account as opposed to depositing small amount of money n them?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/4/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for your patience. The answer to your question is no. Attorneys are not required to register with Homeland Security prior to depositing large sums of money into the account. The IOLTA accounts are there to protect client money and are subject to the regular and typical provisions of any other bank account, such as a CTR being triggered if it is above $10,00. Regardless, the answer to your main question is no.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?